Athletes in all sports rely on speed. Whether it involves sprinting down the court on a fast break or chasing a loose ball, speed often contributes to overall athletic ability. Developing Speed teaches you how to elevate your speed in a scientifically based manner that will have you blowing by the competition.
What are the benefits to a Functional Fitness athlete?
- Written by eight of the top National Strength and Conditioning Association experts.
- In addition to the scientific coverage of speed development, this guide helps you assess your current ability and identify your areas of greatest need.
- Using this information, along with the most effective drills and exercises, you’ll have the tools and information for creating your own speed development program.
- If increasing your athletic speed is what you’re seeking, then look no further. With the cutting-edge information packed into this one resource, you’ll achieve new personal bests and reach your most aggressive goals.
- Developing Speed is the only tool you need to develop your personal program and take your speed to the highest level!
- Released 2013
- 224 Pages
About The Editor:
The National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) is the world’s leading organisation in the field of sport conditioning. Drawing on the resources and expertise of the most recognised professionals in strength training and conditioning, sport science, performance research, education, and sports medicine, the NSCA is the world’s trusted source of knowledge and training guidelines for coaches and athletes. The NSCA provides the crucial link between the lab and the field.
Ian Jeffreys has established himself as one of the most respected strength and conditioning coaches in the UK. He has been the strength and conditioning coach for the Welsh Schools national rugby team and has worked with athletes, clubs, and sport organisations, from junior level to professional level, around the world.
Ian is currently a reader in strength and conditioning at the University of South Wales, and also is the Proprietor of All-Pro Performance, a performance enhancement company based in Brecon Wales.
He has been a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) since 1989. He is a certified strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS) and certified personal trainer (NSCA-CPT) with the NSCA, and he has been re-certified with distinction (*D) in both categories. He is also a registered strength and conditioning coach – re-certified with distinction. Ian currently sits on the NSCA High School Executive Committee and was the NSCA’s High School Professional of the Year in 2006, the first time the award was presented to a coach working outside the United States, and was made a fellow of the NSCA in 2009.
Ian is on the British Olympic Association register of strength and conditioning professionals. He is a director of the United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association, where he is an accredited strength and conditioning coach (ASCC) and an assessor for the organisation. He is also a lead tutor for the UKSCA education workshops.
EASY 100 DAY RETURN POLICY
SAME DAY DISPATCH AVAILABLE
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING DAILY
BUY NOW. PAY LATER OPTIONS