Maximum results with minimal equipment.
Advantages for Functional Fitness Athletes:
- Dumbbells have always been a strength training staple because of their versatility, affordability, and effectiveness.
- With the enormous popularity of all-in-one, adjustable versions, dumbbells have solidified their standing as the must-have muscle building tools.
- Developed by renowned strength and conditioning coach Allen Hedrick, Dumbbell Training features the most effective dumbbell exercises for increasing strength, power, and muscle mass.
- Targeting the core, upper body, lower body, and total body, the more than 81 exercises are accompanied by step-by-step instructions, common errors and corrections, and safety considerations.
- Expert insights, variations, and training tips further explain how to isolate muscles, increase range of motion, and stimulate stabilising muscles to protect joints.
More than just exercises, Dumbbell Training includes workouts and programs proven to add muscle mass and definition and enhance sport performance. You’ll find 33 programs for increasing power, speed, agility, and balance for athletes in 11 popular sports: basketball, cycling, ice hockey, skiing, soccer, softball, speed skating, swimming, track, volleyball, and wrestling. It’s all here and ready to use.
At the gym, home, or on the road, Dumbbell Training is a targeted approach to improving strength, power, musculature, and performance. If you own dumbbells, this book is a must-own.
- Released 2014
- 224 Pages
About The Author:
Allen Hedrick, M.A., CSCS*D, FNSCA, coach practitioner, was named the first-ever head strength and conditioning coach at Colorado State University at Pueblo in September 2009. He earned his bachelor’s degree from California State University at Chico and his master’s degree from California State University at Fresno. For three years he worked as a strength and conditioning coach at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He then worked as the assistant strength and conditioning coach at the United States Air Force Academy, also in Colorado Springs, for three years before being named the head strength and conditioning coach at the academy, a position he held for nine years. In that position Hedrick was responsible for the strength and conditioning programs for football and volleyball while overseeing the academy’s entire strength and conditioning program.
Hedrick then moved to the National Strength and Conditioning Association's headquarters, also in Colorado Springs, as the head strength and conditioning coach and later as education coordinator. Hedrick stayed in that position until moving into his current position at CSU-Pueblo.
EASY 100 DAY RETURN POLICY
SAME DAY DISPATCH AVAILABLE
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING DAILY
BUY NOW. PAY LATER OPTIONS